Manual therapy is a hands-on treatment by clinicians to treat muscle aches, joint pain, and limited range of motion. It encompasses a variety of techniques including soft tissue mobilization of muscles, specific joint mobilization, and joint manipulation.
The three most notable forms of manual therapy are:
- Manipulation is the application of a rapid force into a joint(s). Manipulation is often associated with an audible popping sound called cavitation.
- Mobilization is a slower, more controlled process of articular and soft-tissue stretching intended to improve joint mobility.
- Massage is typically the repetitive rubbing, stripping or kneading of muscle and fascia tissues to facilitate healing.
Manual therapy has been proven to be an important part of an overall conservative treatment plan for a variety of conditions including:
- Adhesive capsulitis
- Shoulder impingement
- Shoulder stiffness/limited range of motion
- Tennis elbow
- Golfers elbow
- Pinched nerves
- Limited joint range of motion
- Capsule tightness
- Postsurgical stiffness
- Much more.
Manual therapy is typically part of a complete treatment plan that is customized for your specific needs. Give us a call to learn how we can incorporate manual therapy into your rehabilitation program.
Manual therapy is a broad term that describes a variety of hands-on techniques we use to treat soft tissues and joint structures. Hands on care have the benefit of modulating pain; increasing range of motion (ROM); reducing or eliminating soft tissue inflammation; inducing relaxation; improving contractile and non-contractile tissue repair, extensibility, and/or stability; and facilitating movement thereby improving function. These techniques can be especially helpful for people with chronic pain as well as both acute and chronic arthritic conditions.
Let us help you relax, realign and rejuvenate.
Our experienced, professional physical therapists at Empire Health & Wellness Center provide exceptional care and will design an effective customized massage treatment to address your individual needs.
Positive benefits of regularly scheduled massage therapy treatments may include:
- Stress relief
- Posture improvement
- Lower blood pressure
- Pain management
- Muscle relaxation
- Tension related headache relief
- Enhanced post-operative rehabilitation
- Management of fibromyalgia and chronic fatigue syndrome
Massage Therapy Services
- Medical/Swedish Massage
- Deep Muscle Massage
- Myofascial Release
- Pre-Natal Massage
- Sports Massage
- Injury Rehabilitation
Massage Therapy Rates
½ hour massage $45.00 *
1 hour massage $80.00 *
*By appointment with a physical therapist, private pay only.
24 hour cancellation policy, no exceptions